Warm Asparagus Mushroom and White Bean Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked Camellia Brand Great Northern Beans
- 1 cup watercress, arugula or baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Trim ends off asparagus. Wrap asparagus in a damp paper towel, and microwave for 45 seconds. Chop into 2-inch pieces.
- To a skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté 4-5 minutes until crispy and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to skillet, and add chopped garlic and asparagus to the mushrooms; cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- To a large bowl, add asparagus & mushroom mixture, cooked beans, watercress, avocado, lemon juice, and lemon zest; toss gently and serve.